Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.2, the latest release of Oracle’s enterprise-class server virtualization solution, is now available. The new release delivers significant enhancements that improve workload agility and performance, maximize the availability of business-critical applications, and increase flexibility in provisioning and deployment. Preinstalled on Oracle’s SPARC T-Series servers, Oracle VM Server for SPARC takes advantage of the massive thread scale offered by SPARC T-Series servers and the Oracle Solaris operating system.
- New features in Oracle VM Server for SPARC 2.2 allow organizations to benefit from more-flexible control and deployment of server resources as well as workload performance optimization and agility across the SPARC T-Series server family, including SPARC T3 and SPARC T4 servers. These features include
- cross-CPU live migration for uninterrupted application availability;
- single-root I/O virtualization;
- dynamic performance tuning for business-critical applications;
- dynamic threading configuration support for SPARC T4 servers;
- enhanced resource management for SPARC T4-4 engineered systems; and
- integrated management via Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center.
- “The latest release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC provides higher performance, greater scalability, and an increased ability to more finely tune the system, making Oracle VM for SPARC, and T-Series servers in general, an excellent platform for an even broader range of enterprise applications,” says Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president of Linux and virtualization engineering at Oracle.
the Download link and Docs are not yet available as of 5/13/2013 10:AM EST
one can download from MOS now, May28