Follow through the vision to integrate more Sun products with the Engineered System
- Oracle today announced the Sun ZFS Backup Appliance, an integrated, high performance backup solution for Oracle engineered systems, including Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and Oracle SPARC SuperCluster T4-4.
- Oracle’s Sun ZFS Backup Appliance delivers up to 20 terabytes per hour full backup and up to 9.4 terabytes per hour full restore throughputs, the fastest published recovery rates among general purpose storage systems for Oracle engineered systems data protection.
- The Sun ZFS Backup Appliance’s extremely fast backup throughput is based on backups of unique data, and does not require additional host-side software or CPU resources.
- Tested, validated and supported with Oracle engineered systems, Oracle’s Sun ZFS Backup Appliance provides superior speed, simplicity and savings.
- More Informations
- Data sheet: Sun ZFS Backup Appliance (PDF)
- FAQ: Sun ZFS Backup Appliance (PDF)
- White paper: Integrated High-Performance Disk-to-Disk Backup for Oracle Exadata with Oracle’s Sun ZFS Backup (PDF)
- product documents
- ZFS backup appliance is 7420 based
- connect to leaf switch port of 5B, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, or 12A.
- exadata backup configuration utility for some automation
- support backup sets, image copies, and incrementally updated backups
- dNFS (optional)
one stone to kill many birds:
- Use RMAN, Secure backup SW no need of Netbackup , TSM or Legato etc
- Disk to Disk and could go the tape of StorageTek library
- Use IB, 40gb instead of 8gb FC connection
- Appliance approach
- ZFS appliance analytics features