The Oracle Big Data Appliance is a new engineered system that includes an open source distribution of Apache™ Hadoop™, Oracle NoSQL Database, Oracle Data Integrator Application Adapter for Hadoop, Oracle Loader for Hadoop, and an open source distribution of R.
Engineered to work together, the Oracle Big Data Appliance is easily integrated with Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and Oracle Exalytics Business Intelligence Machine, and is designed to deliver extreme analytics on all data types, with enterprise-class performance, availability, supportability and security.
Maximizing the Business Value of Big Data
- Oracle Big Data Appliance: The Oracle Big Data Appliance is an engineered system optimized for acquiring, organizing and loading unstructured data into Oracle Database 11g. The Oracle Big Data Appliance includes an open source distribution of Apache Hadoop, Oracle NoSQL Database, Oracle Data Integrator with Application Adapter for Hadoop, Oracle Loader for Hadoop, an open source distribution of R, Oracle Linux, and Oracle Java HotSpot Virtual Machine.
- Oracle NoSQL Database: Oracle NoSQL Database Enterprise Edition is a distributed, highly scalable, key-value database. Unlike competitive solutions, Oracle NoSQL Database is easy to install, configure and manage, supports a broad set of workloads, and delivers enterprise-class reliability backed by enterprise-class Oracle support.
- Oracle Data Integrator Application Adapter for Hadoop: The new Hadoop adapter simplifies data integration from Hadoop and an Oracle Database through Oracle Data Integrator’s easy to use interface.
- Oracle Loader for Hadoop: Oracle Loader for Hadoop enables customers to use Hadoop MapReduce processing to create optimized data sets for efficient loading and analysis in Oracle Database 11g. Unlike other Hadoop loaders, it generates Oracle internal formats to load data faster and use less database system resources.
- Oracle R Enterprise: Oracle R Enterprise integrates the open-source statistical environment R with Oracle Database 11g. Analysts and statisticians can run existing R applications and use the R client directly against data stored in Oracle Database 11g, vastly increasing scalability, performance and security. The combination of Oracle Database 11g and R delivers an enterprise-ready deeply-integrated environment for advanced analytics.
Acquire Big Data
Organize Big Data
Analyze Big Data
- Oracle want to OWN SQL and NoSQL data
- Introduce Enterprise R and Hadoop
- take advantage Exadata, exalytics BI machine
- It is interesting that so far oracle has not include Oracle Gridengine in the mix, OGE has good integration with Hadoop