Oracle announce exalytics
x4470M2, 3 U 4 socket E7-4800 10C/Socket 64 slots 16GB DDR3
6x hdd slots and 10 pcie2 slots
- with 1/4 or 1/2 exadata rack , can customer mount exalytics machines in the same rack?
- with more than one racks, exalytics will need to connect to every leaf IB switches that one will need long IB cables
- it is unclear that will run Linux or Solaris
- not sure why there is not x4800 M2 like solution
- LJE seems to indicate customer can connect through 10ge or IB to customer’s RAC environment as long as there is enough pipe bandwidth to feed the exalytics machines