on Aug 11, 2011 Oracle announce that
Oracle Exadata Running Oracle Solaris Delivers Powerful Combination
The combination of Oracle Exadata running Oracle Solaris offers customers:
- Continuous uptime with Oracle Solaris Predictive Self-Healing to diagnose, isolate, and help to recover from hardware and application faults;
- The ability to safely analyze, tune, and troubleshoot applications on production systems with little or no performance impact with Oracle Solaris DTrace;
- Up to 10x faster system updating and rebooting to help reduce planned downtime;
- Industry leading 10x average table compression for data warehouse data with Oracle Exadata Hybrid Columnar Compression;
- Extremely fast transaction response times and high throughput with Oracle Exadata Smart Flash Cache for caching frequently accessed ‘hot’ data; and,
- Dramatically improved performance and concurrency of queries by processing queries at the storage layer using Oracle Exadata Smart Scan to return only relevant rows and columns to the database server.
Oracle Solaris is the #1 Oracle Database deployment platform, providing mission-critical availability, security and performance.
Since the exadata docs are not public available, but one can read about docs for Installing Solaris Image on Exalogic compute Nodes, date July, 2011 , it use new S11 Automated-Installer Appliance.