Sept 24-25 My wife and I attended the School of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Celebrations
Been away from IAS for 35 years, it is good to visit the IAS again (we did visit 5 years ago)
Many talks we will not be able to follow but the dinner talk by Dyson on the history of IAS from his point of view worth the trip.
- talk about failure to keep the computer at IAS after Neumann left and miss opportunity
- talk about fail attempt to get Feynman, Gell-mann and Schwinger, Bethe to come to IAS
- talk about Golden area of Bengt Stromgren and John Bahcall in AstroPhysics
- Not take credit for Ed Witten at IAS
- Never mention Adler, Dashen, Regge and Wilczek
Dr ARKANI-HAMED talk on Fundamental Physics in 21st century is very interesting.
- give good argument for unified Super symmetry Theory
- give arguments for LHC for many new particles fo SUSY
Dr WILCZEK talk on Quanta, Symmetry and Topology is ok
- talk about Dodecahedron
- talk about SO(10) as extension of SU(3)xSU(2)xU(1)
- theoretical support for SUSY