In oracle open world 2010 oracle announce the exalogic elastic cloud Machine
- base on x4170 M2 2 socket and 6 core westmere 2.93 GHz and 96 GB memory, 2 SSD for BOOT and SAS HDD for storage
- Support QDR IB HBA (internal) and 10 ge HBA (public)
- quarter rack, 8 server
- half rack 16 server
- full rack 30 server
- full rack can connect to exadata DB rack
We will need to wait for more detail but some observations:
- one ASSUME that the QDR IB switch has 36 port so with 30 server in full rack and 3 IB switches, two leaf switches only has 6 links to connect to spine switches.
- With 6 links means that for upto 6 rack, one has fully connected CLOS network.
- for 7 and 8 rack configuration, not clear how the leaf switches will connect to the spine switches
- If one reduce the full rack from 30 servers to 28 servers then 36 port IB leaf switch will have 8 links to spine switch then with 8 rack one will have fully connected IB CLOS network
recently I find out that for full rack of exalogic 30 server there are 1 36-port IB switch and 4 32 QDR port and 8 10 ge port IB-Gateway switch.
This answer the questions how one connect 8 rack of exlogic servers
the 40TB storage is ZFS 7320-C appliance with 20x2TB SAS and 4x QDR port, 4TB Flashfire SSD read cache, 72GB FlashFire SSD write cache