By using the vmware on my JDS latop I was able to set SCS2.2 29 build and demostrate a allstart of RHel3 install.
Let me summarized what I did:
- create a guest OS using Redhat AS2.1u2 ,using host-only network, add the packages
I also install the dhcp-3.0
- download the scs2.2 29 build, run install/install
- copy the iso files for RHEL3-U3 to /scs/data/allstart/iso
- under allstart setup distribution, create profile
- create a redhat EL3 guest OS, use host-only network, since I donot know how to get the mac address of this guest OS, so I install a very minual OS to get the MAC address
- after I have the MAC address, I setup the client under allstart
- reboot the rhel3 system, at startup I press F12 for netboot, the system will go through the allstart process to rebuild the guest OS
- on the management menu I add the newly installed host as managed host
I now have a whole demo of SC2.2!!!